4pets PRO Crash-Tested Dog Cages
We're very lucky to be the UK and Irish distributors for 4pets of Switzerland. We think their PRO crash-tested dog cages are the best on the market - they're really good looking and have numerous ease of use features to complement their fundamental strength.
Most cages are only designed to contain a dog, to stop it getting into the driver's area. They'll provide no protection to the humans in the vehicle except in a slow speed collision, and no protection to the dog either. The 4pets PRO range, designed and manufactured in Switzerland, is designed to protect both humans and dogs, thanks to the use of energy-absorbing materials and intelligent design, all tested and approved by the German TÜV.
If your car is not shown in the car finder, or if no cages are listed for it, this is probably because your car has not yet been checked for size. 4pets have a measuring tool for this purpose, called a Boxometer, which we can send you, free of charge except for a returnable deposit. Please note that all the 4pets PRO cages are listed, with their dimensions, on our website roofbox.co.uk. It will also be sensible to e-mail us with your car details via our Contact form and we can then check the latest supplier database.
All parts of the cage, are designed to absorb kinetic energy and therefore minimise injury.
We are very confident that the new PRO crash-tested dog cages are the best cages on the market - the safest and the smartest - and here’s why:
- All parts of the cage, especially the rear panel which is what the dog will hit first, are designed to absorb kinetic energy and therefore minimise injury
- The cage is designed to deform in a controlled manner in the event of rear end crushing.
- The ‘Safelock’ door is burst-proof, both inwards and outwards. It’s opened with one hand and “clicks shut” under its own weight, allowing you to concentrate on your dog.
- The shape is optimised to maximise the ‘footprint’, while allowing each cage to be used in as many vehicles as possible.
- PRO cages are made of anodized aluminium, fibreglass-reinforced plastic and scratch-resistant laminated fibreboard. Unlike steel, all these materials are relatively light, don’t get too hot or too cold, and absorb energy.
- They are maintenance free, although every part is available as a DIY spare.
- They provide good visibility for the driver – you can still see through the tailgate via the rear view mirror.
- They are light enough to move about safely.
- They look exceptionally smart, and their exceptional quality stands out in every respect.
ProLine TUV SUD Certification
The 4pets ProLine crates are the first in the world with an official TÜV SÜD certification and only independent safety tested till date. The Pro-Line passed the rigorous tests in every aspect and have been awarded with the TÜV SÜD certification (Certification nr. B 13 01 29106 011) on February 18th, 2013.
Following criteria have been tested in the certification process of the TÜV SUD:
- Test drives on bad road - Belgian block test drive
- Technical documentation
- Fixation in the vehicle
- Non-positive connections
- Sharp edges and corners
- Cover pipe ends / risk of injury
- Shearing and crushing points
- Connection points
- Welded joints
- Corrosion protection
- Safety against rupture
- User manuals
- General information and directives
- General legal directives
- Safety instructions
- Fulfillment REACH regulation
Suitable for small breeds such as Chihuahuas, Dachshunds, smaller Terriers and Toy breeds.
Suitable for medium sized breeds such as Border Collies, Whippets, Cocker Spaniels and larger Terriers.
Suitable for medium breeds such as Labradors, Retrievers and Springer Spaniels.
Suitable for medium to large dogs such as Bernese Mountain Dogs, German Shepherds, Rottweilers and Irish Setters.
Suitable for 2 small to medium dogs or larger breeds.
Please select your car from the list below to view compatible products